Here are some of my top tips for grabbing more comments on your blog.
How To Get More Blog Comments
1) Let people know who you are! Place a photo of yourself in your header, or at least on your ‘About Me’ page and write a few paragraphs about your background.
2) Write your blog posts as if you are writing it for a friend.
3) Ask people to comment on your blog – Simple. A simple call to action works wonders sometimes.
4) Reply and respond to every comment your blog receives.
5) Use the Commentluv plugin to encourage others to comment on your blog, for the valuable back links.
6) Engage in blog commenting yourself, on other niche related blogs.
Remember to leave a valuable, engaging comment, and leave your latest blog post as the link. ( If it is related, even better..)
7) Link to other blogs that are related to yours, and promote other blogs in your posts.
8) Use a regular posting schedule
9) Visit the blogs of those who have commented on your blog, and return the favor.
10) Ask a question in your post.
11) Use email notifications. eg the free Subscribe to comments plugin, each commenter will be encouraged to return to your blog when a reply has been left.
12) Make it easy! Nothing worse than jumping through hoops , just to leave a comment!
13) Be controversial
Wait!! You said 20 Brian – That’s only 13
Ah so I did, well I am looking for ideas and inspiration. Please comment below with your ideas for grabbing more comments on your blog.
The best answer, wins a guest post on this blog 🙂